Friday, August 24, 2012

being a team...

Every fall (I know it's not technically, but for some reason I call it fall as soon as school begins), for the past couple of years, we've made a new "chore" chart together.  This year my son & I talked about how our family is a team, and we all have things to do to help one another out. 
This time around, our chore chart is called "Michael's Responsibilities"...I think it sounds better than chores, and the reality is the list is what he's responsible for.
When he completes a responsibility, he puts a check mark on his list ~ I love that his checkmarks are backwards!  :)
Anyway, after 3 checkmarks, he earns 25cents.  Basically, when the chart is full Michael has earned $1.25.  All of these responsibilities don't get accomplished everyday.  For example, we only get the paper delivered Thurs. thru Sunday.  He also has to take some of his earnings & put them into his savings each month...
I'll let you know how this goes!  Hopefully well - we're off to a good start!

PS~ for some reason it's hard to see, but his responsibilities are:  getting dressed every morning, getting the newspaper (from the front walk), setting the table, feeding the dog, & cleaning up toys.
xo Sarah