Wednesday, February 20, 2013

vacation project #1...

Between playdates, movie dates, dinner dates, and alone-time-dates, our vacation has been phenomenal so far!!
We've celebrated birthdays, had friends over, prayed for friends of ours that are going through the unthinkable, and taken time to complete a random act of kindness...

While my son had a friend over earlier this week, I tackled my 1st project of vacation...painting the inside of our built-in hutch in the dining room.  Our home was built in 1890 (love it!), and our hutch is just one of the many cool things in our old home.  I love the neutral tones in our home, and dark woodwork, but our hutch needed something to help make my great aunt's china POP!

Here's what I did...
The inside of my hutch WAS the same color as the walls...
I didn't make a huge change, just a shade or two darker...
I believe my great aunt would love her rose chintz china stacked on one shelf, and my sydenstricker stacked on the next...the darker color adds a little depth to my hutch.  I also hung a painting that I completed in college to the upper part...I hope to add in a wine bottle holder someday.  I love the simple change!  Onto project #2...

xo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment