Monday, October 31, 2011

only in New England...

Well, we've survived another prank from Mother Nature...a Nor'Easter hit us pretty hard on Saturday night, our town is still about 50% without power, trees and power lines are down all over, but we're hardy New Englanders - pulling together to help one another out. 
I'll be at my mom & dad's tomorrow helping my dad take down the tree that was planted when I was born.  The mighty crab apple tree finally met its match with this storm - time for it to come down. 
I can't tell you how happy I am to have a five year old in our home...my son puts a smile on my face no matter what is going on around us.  We trudged through the snow all day on Sunday, made snowmen, dug out the cars & driveway, played on the snowy swingset, and had a few snowball fights.  We even created a "snowpumpkin" for our front stairs.  Hopefully this isn't a sign that we're in for a tough winter!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment